As we get ready for the upcoming 2020 MLB season, I thought I would look back at the top MLB player jerseys sales of 2019. Below is the top 20 list from sales that MLB announced at the end of September of 2019. So this list does not include the last three months of 2019.
I am curious to see what the list will be like at the end of 2020. A few names jump out to me that might change during this year. How José Altuve, Alex Bregman, and George Springer jerseys do this year, because of the sign cheating scandal that has rocked the Astros. Also, last year with Bryce Harper signing his big contract with the Phillies, will the newest of Phillies fans wanting his jerseys die down this year.
With Nike taking over as the new MLB jerseys maker for 2020, how will that affect jerseys sales? Will fans be wanting the new jerseys or will they turn away because the Nike swoosh on the front of the jerseys? Time will tell. But it will be curious to see what this list will look like at the end of the 2020 season.
To see what the new Nike jerseys will look like for each of these players listed below, just click on there names for more info.
Most popular MLB player jerseys of 2019
1. Aaron Judge, New York Yankees
2. Bryce Harper, Philadelphia Phillies
3. Cody Bellinger, Los Angeles Dodgers
4. Javier Báez, Chicago Cubs
5. Christian Yelich, Milwaukee Brewers
6. Ronald Acuña Jr., Atlanta Braves
7. Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox
8. José Altuve, Houston Astros
9. Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
10. Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
11. Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
12. Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
13. Alex Bregman, Houston Astros
14. Pete Alonso, New York Mets
15. Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves
16. Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs
17. Francisco Lindor, Cleveland Indians
18. Paul Goldschmidt, St. Louis Cardinals
19. Jacob deGrom, New York Mets
20. George Springer, Houston Astros
*MLBShop.com sales of Majestic jerseys from start of 2019 MLB season to the end of September 2019.